Join several workshops or just one! Workshops are sequenced to complement one another, and include new material for previous participants in the April 2021 COIC Rural Resource Development Workshop.
Workshop leaders: Paul Adams, Teresa Hogue, Becca Tatum
Tuesday 26 October
• 10-11:30: Are you ready? Match Program to Opportunity. Bring program needs and ideas. Review funding sources: foundations, corporate, and government. Is your project truly ready for funding? Match project needs to funding opportunities.
• 1-2:30: Create a Strategic Fundraising Plan. Diversify the income sources for your project and organization. Plan for 6 months, a year, 18 months from now, and build some different funding sources into your budget. Led by Paul Adams of Deep Roots Business Solutions.
Tuesday 2 November
• 10-11:30: Needs-based Project and Proposal Planning. Build a strong proposal (narrative, budgets, attachments).
• 1-2:30: Smart, Funder-friendly Budgets and Financial Reports. Led by Paul Adams.
Tuesday 9 November
• 10-11:30: Capacity Checklist- Organizational Readiness. How ready is your organization to be funded? What do you need in place to manage the funds once you get them? What do you need to follow up with your funder in reporting on how you used their money? What documents need to be in place for government and non-government applications and compliance?
• 1-2:30: Capacity Checklist- Board and Staff Roles. Depending on your organization’s capacity, what roles are needed and who best fills those roles? What expertise is needed to scan the environment, develop funding strategies, generate proposals, and manage awards?
Tuesday 16 November
• 10-11:30: You be the Funder/Recognizing Funders. Grant review workshop with rubric, reading, scoring, and group review; see the process through the eyes of the funder!
• 1-2:30: Survival Accounting for Grant Recipients. How to track income and expenses for an upcoming grant. Led by Paul Adams.
All ticketholders will be sent a zoom link from the organizers at least 24 hours prior to each mini-workshop. If you don’t receive the link, be sure to check your spam folder! Then, email email@example.com if you still can’t find it and we’ll be happy to help you out.